They ended up doing an endoscopy, where they stuck a scope down Bentley's esophagus and looked around. To do this, they made him fast for a while, dressed him in an awesome baby hospital gown and socks, asked us lots of questions, gave him a tiny IV, put him under, and kicked us out. This was also about the time that I started coming down with the flu which was a real dream. Watching B get poked and drugged was really sad, I felt so bad for the little man :(
Everything went really well with the endoscopy. Dr. Jackson gave us some pictures of B's guts he took with the scope which were really interesting to see. He said he couldn't see any damage, tearing, or anything bad, which is awesome! He also took some biopsies of his esophagus, stomach, and a couple other places. Those turned out alright too. The Dr. said he wouldn't be too worried about it unless the bleeding increases or goes on for too much longer. In the mean time, we're supposed to keep him on the dairy-free Nutramagen formula for a couple weeks, then if I stay off dairy, I can try breastfeeding him. If he does okay with that, I just have to stay off dairy until he's one and we'll see how he does. I am glad to have that all done with so we know everything looks okay with him and we don't have too much to be worried about.
On a side note, I think B caught my flu and sore throat and he is so sad/mad about it! Poor guy!






Killer jams, B!
5 comments:
OH NO!! I didn't know he was having problems! So sad! I hope you both are feeling well soon!
I hope that solves everything! I wonder if that was why you were so sick while you were pregnant? I hope he feels better..so maybe you and him can get some sleep! :)
Oh man I am so glad to hear that everything looks good. how scary, you are one tough momma and the flu to top it off...yikes!
That hospital gown is rad! I am glad that things weren't as scary as you all were thinking. I was worried about a rip in his esophagus. *phew* Good luck not eating Dairy. You are the best mom ever to give up ice cream! I am sorry that you had the flew but I laughed out loud when you said that it was "a dream"! Bently is getting so big and is as cute as ever.
Hey Girl! I'm so sorry to hear how things have been going. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you about your last post.. I got it the next week. Too late! But wee should get together. You can come over or we could meet somewhere! Let me know. You have my number?
Post a Comment