If anyone cares about the details... their colors were orange and fuchsia, which looked really cool and summery together. The reception was in Aly's backyard and her parents worked really hard planting tons of flowers in her colors which looked beautiful. We strung an "open tent" with twinkle lights going from the deck to the trees which gave everything an awesome glow, and hung about a million orange, fuchsia, and white chinese lanterns between the lights and in the trees. I dressed up the deck by hanging orange organza fabric pannels tied with ribbon and hanging flowers between them. The food table had a really pretty foodscape and lots of yummy food with a gorgeous, huge, almost tropical flower arrangement in the middle. Around the square food table, we set up 4 large columns and strung tulle fabric and more twinkle lights connecting each column and running down each one. The centerpieces were large vases filled with oranges, lillys, and a hanging monogram, surrounded by tea lights on a fuchsia organza table cloth which glowed really cool as it got dark. Around the cake table, we had a white arch covered in fabric and twinkle lights, and the gifts were put on a long table with 7 vases of a dozen fuschia roses each, and a TV playing a slideshow of the couple that Doug made, it turned out great! I also made the guest book, which had a mounted picture of Aly and Doug on each page and everyone signed around the pictures.
Anyway... it actually turned out really nice and I loved doing it all! It's always nerve-racking to be completely in charge of an event that important with everyone going off your ideas, but it's such a fun challenge to me. I was glad to get the chance to do the wedding thing again, I had a blast.





6 comments:
Looks beautiful! You are so talented! What are you guys doing Sunday? Let do din din.
BEAUTIFUL!! You did an awesome job! And I love the blog layout and the family pic. SO CUTE!
Wow, that looks awesome! I think you could make a career out of being a wedding planner!
That is exactly what I want to get into doing. We should start a business together Diane! I love your work! Creative minds think alike!
Impressive!! This is totally random and who knows if you will even look at comments but I know someone who wants to see a stampin up catalog...do you still do it? smodes00@yahoo.com is my email...let me know
WOW! You've go talent!! The yard and decorations look beautiful!! Love Ya!
Post a Comment