Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A Visit to the Washburns

Jimmy and I both had a few days off work at the same time so we decided to make the drive down to Monticello, Utah, outside Moab, to see my brother Paul, his wife Emily and their kids William, Nathan and Jacob! We had never been down there and had never even met Jacob, though he is 9 months old. It is so beautiful there, Jimmy and I both loved the area.

We played music, went on a small hike to the Needles overlook, walked around the lake, ate Emily's delicious food, saw newspaper rock (neat Indian rock carvings), and Jimmy went to work with Paul for a couple hours. We had such a great time hanging out with the Washburn clan!





Also, on our way back home we stopped to have dinner with Aunt Mary Ellen and Uncle Eric! We were so glad to be able to see them, and we had a fun time catching up with them.

2 comments:

The McMullin's said...

So fun that you guys got to go take a little trip and visit family! You look amazing Diane. And Bentley get cuter and cuter! I saw Jimmy at the store and forgot to ask how you are doing.

Froska said...

That looks like fun adventuring. Will you be around this next week, I want to hang. Can't wait to see your little man again all grown up. I'll call ya.

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.