Sunday, August 31, 2008

Mr. Spot

Meet the infamous Mr. Spot:














He is a knot in the wood underneath this blue shelf that hangs above Bentley's changing table:









He also happens to be Bentley's best friend in the whole world! B loves him more than he loves his mom or dad, milk, being outside, or even bath time. Even if B is screaming mad, as soon as he catches a glimpse of Mr. Spot, he starts smiling and cooing at him!









More than once during a long night where B wouldn't stop screaming, I laid him on his changing table so he could hang out with his buddy and I pulled up a chair and slept sitting up with my head next to him so he couldn't fall off- he was so happy, we stayed like that for hours!

So the question is, what do you do with a kid whose best friend is a piece of wood??

4 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

How strange! I'm glad you all are doing good! I guess kids do the darndest things, right?

Amanda said...

i love this post! katherine is the same way, except its with the lightswitch in our bathroom. who knew?

TyBrit Boyce said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

Shaun said...

Have you seen that show, "Ed, Edd and Eddie"? I used to watch it as a kid on Nickelodeon. There is a kid who carries around his best friend, a piece of wood named Plank. I think that kid also wore head gear and talked like a girl. Good Luck! LOL

jk we all know that whatever Bently does will automatically become the coolest things to do.

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.