With Pickin' Grass, the band I'm in with Gail, Curtis and Fay, we did a benefit show for a Cancer awareness event in Rexburg a few weeks ago. We also had a friend, Nick come play the banjo with us. We played in the middle of a stadium while the event was going on around us. The sound system and "stage" were pretty ghetto but I'm glad we got to support something important to me. I love to play music with my family, they're so good! This one was really fun too. Playing and performing music is one of my most favorite things in the world and I'm so glad I get to do it regularly. Jimmy is so awesome to support me in it.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Bluegrass Time!
Chickweed, my all-girl bluegrass band in Idaho Falls, played at the Bluegrass on the Greenbelt festival in June. At three weeks old, this was Bentley's first bluegrass festival! I'm sure his grandpa was proud! The show was really fun and it went pretty well.

With Pickin' Grass, the band I'm in with Gail, Curtis and Fay, we did a benefit show for a Cancer awareness event in Rexburg a few weeks ago. We also had a friend, Nick come play the banjo with us. We played in the middle of a stadium while the event was going on around us. The sound system and "stage" were pretty ghetto but I'm glad we got to support something important to me. I love to play music with my family, they're so good! This one was really fun too. Playing and performing music is one of my most favorite things in the world and I'm so glad I get to do it regularly. Jimmy is so awesome to support me in it.

With Pickin' Grass, the band I'm in with Gail, Curtis and Fay, we did a benefit show for a Cancer awareness event in Rexburg a few weeks ago. We also had a friend, Nick come play the banjo with us. We played in the middle of a stadium while the event was going on around us. The sound system and "stage" were pretty ghetto but I'm glad we got to support something important to me. I love to play music with my family, they're so good! This one was really fun too. Playing and performing music is one of my most favorite things in the world and I'm so glad I get to do it regularly. Jimmy is so awesome to support me in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.
1 comment:
Dixie directed me to your blog after I revealed to her that my dream is to be in a bluegrass band. I am so jealous! That is awesome that you get to do something you love. I'm ill-equipped to start my own, because I don't play any bluegrass instruments, and I just moved to Utah and I don't know anyone here. But a girl can dream! Maybe I take some lessons one of these days and get something going.
Post a Comment