Monday, March 23, 2009

Trip to Houston

In February, Bentley and I got to go down to Houston, Texas to visit my beautiful sister Kristen and her cute family. I found cheap plane tickets that I couldn't refuse, so a few short weeks later we were heading to Texas. We had a GREAT time! I just wish Jimmy could have been there having fun with us instead of working hard at school and work...

The night before the trip, I got really really barfy sick but the airline wouldn't let us reschedule the tickets, so I just decided to go anyway and hope it was a quick bug. Luckily it was, I felt mostly better by the next day, but the 4 hour shuttle ride to the SLC airport, the 2 hour wait in the airport, and the 3 hour plane ride were miserable! I threw up at all the shuttle rest stops, the airport security checkpoint, at the gate, in most of the bathrooms, passed out on the plane, etc., but we made it! However, one really cute thing was while I was sick in the bathroom, Bentley was in his car seat next to me and he looked longingly over at me and said "mama" for the first time. It was so sweet! Then I puked.

We stayed with the Beatons for almost a week and had SO much fun the whole time. I hadn't met their youngest before, Lorenzo (1 year), and they hadn't met Bentley so it was especially fun for us. Gabriella (4 yrs) and Sofia (3 yrs) are so lovey, funny, sweet and fun. I loved watching squishy Lorenzo constantly hugging Bentley and the girls singing to him and kissing him. I loved spending time with Kristen and Richard too, they are so much fun.

We spent lots of time talking, playing with the kids, going to the Galveston beach (yay for the warm beach!! Bentley didn't know what to think about the sand though, he kept trying to eat it), the Children's Museum, walks in park, playing music, making sushi, riding the train at the park, etc. Kristen and I went out on the town one night too, which was really fun/funny. My brother Stefan and his wife, Jennie came up from Austin to see us for one day too, we loved seeing them and their new dog Brenner. The weather was great and sunny, which was a nice break from Rexburg, and I loved Houston. I already want to go back.... I love my family!

To see some awesome funny videos, click here, and here, and here.





























































Click
here to view the whole album of pictures.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the pic of you and B. He is such a cheezer sometimes. He is growing so fast. Can you believe they will be one soon?

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.