
He lived with his beautiful wife Annie next door to Jimmy's parents in Washington. I always really enjoyed spending time over there listening to his fun stories about going dancing with grandma in LA, fishing, and watching his enthusiasm for sports- especially the Lakers. He had a great smile and a practical, happy personality that made him very enjoyable to be around. I immediately liked him from the first time I met him.
Last February, he was given 3-6 months to live, and Jimmy's family, primarily his sister Dianna and her husband Barry, selflessly stepped in to care for grandpa full time so he could be with his wife and be comfortable in his own home. He decided to beat the odds and hang in there through his first great-grandson's birth, his own 96th birthday, his 70th wedding anniversary, and to share Christmas last month with every one of his posterity to date.
I'm so fortunate to have gotten the chance to know this great man who was loved by so many. He will definitely be missed, but I am so grateful to know where he is and that we will get to see him again and be with him in the next life.


4 comments:
He looked like a wonderful man. sorry for your loss. and looks like Ralphy really liked him! how cute!
So sorry, guys!
That is so neat that he was able to make it all those wonderful things this year (his bday, bentley's birth, his wedding anniversary, etc). He sounds like an amazing man.
That was such a sweet post!
Post a Comment