Tuesday, January 13, 2009

3rd Anniversary in Portland

While we were in Washington for Christmas, Jimmy and I celebrated our third anniversary!  The Kollers were nice enough to take Bentley for the night so we could get away.  It was very nice to have the night to ourselves, though it was weird to not have to worry about Bentley, and to actually sleep in.  For Christmas, Jimmy's grandparents and Barry and Dianna all chipped in and got us the hotel room so we could get away, we really appreciated them doing that!

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco in downtown Portland, which was a really fun place.  When we went to check in, they were out of the room we were going to get so they upgraded us to a nice suite on the top floor (complete with leopard print bathrobes).  For dinner, Jimmy took me to Giorgio's, a nice Italian restaurant then to Papa Haydn's, our favorite dessert place.  The next morning, we slept in (delicious) and went to Jimmy's favorite, Escape From New York Pizza, then shoe shopping!  What a great trip.  



































And of course, no Jim/Diane anniversary trip would be complete without our annual "Rich People Drinking Wine in Robes Photos":


















It is a fact that Jimmy is the greatest.  I feel so lucky to have landed such a great catch.  He is so funny and fun, sweet, and loving.  He is my best friend and I would be lost without him.  And did I mention that he gets up to change Bentley's diaper and bring him to me in the middle of the night, every night, so I can feed him?  And that he regularly cleans the house while I'm at work?  And that he just let me buy a plane ticket to Houston, no questions asked?  And that he is SUCH a fun, involved dad?  And that he took me to see Twilight again and didn't complain too much?  And that I love him like crazy?  I could go on forever.  Thanks Jimmy, for being the best husband, dad, and friend a person could have.




























How could you NOT love this guy???

4 comments:

Becky said...

So fun! Happy anniversary!

Hilarie* said...

I can't believe you got to go to Portland.. that's my home. I was a little dissapointed I didn't get to go home this year!!! You are so lucky! I love the picts. Looks like you guys had fun!

Leslie said...

Jealous!! But I guess I'm really happy for yall too! :) I have to agree that OJ is pretty freaking awesome. However, I think he wouldn't be nearly as awesome without you as his wife. Love you guys. Happy Anni!

Dixie & Markus said...

Happy late Anniversary! And thank you, thank you for the 'rich people drinking wine' photo! hahaha!

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.