Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Jimmy and I went to California for the break just for fun last week! It was such a great trip. We stayed with my parents in El Dorado Hills and spent lots of time with them. They took us to Coloma where gold was discovered, dad and I played lots of bluegrass (of course!), we went to the temple while they were working there one night, laid out at Folsom lake, went to a friend's wedding reception, played games, ate In-N-Out, relaxed a lot, etc. Jimmy even got a craving for "hard work" one day and mowed and edged all the lawns, which my parents didn't mind! My sister Kristen and her kids came up from the bay area to visit for an afternoon and overnight. Her kids are getting so big, it's fun to see them grow up. Here are some pics from the week:





































Also, my aunts and grandma had a really fun baby shower for me. They held it at Grandma Olson's house and invited family and some close friends. We got some great stuff and had a good time. They were so nice to do the shower for me, I loved it!
























On a sad note, the week before we went out, one of my childhood best friends' young son passed away. It was a horrible accident and we feel so sad for their family. We got into town Friday night and were luckily to have been able to make the funeral the next day. The funeral went well and it is very clear that Devin will be very missed. We are praying for their family.

For one night, we went down to San Francisco and stayed with one of Jimmy's best friends, Heber, who lives right downtown SF and got to meet his girlfriend, Tishe, who is really cool. We got there Monday late afternoon and went to an awesome Sushi restaurant and then to Cheesecake Factory. That night the boys played XBox all night (what a treat).


















On Tuesday, the boys let me drag them to my favorite nor cal beach, Capitola, which is right outside Santa Cruz. The weather was perfect and we loved laying in the sun and trying to tan our white Idaho bodies. We got Pizza My Heart and ice cream at my favorite place that makes homemade cones and has the best strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Yum! The water was pretty cold and I couldn't have surfed anyway (what a sacrifice! Bentley had better appreciate this!), but it was great to just be there.
















Overall, the trip was awesome and was a well deserved/needed break! We already can't wait to go back.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

ADORABLE picture of you in your bikini at the beach.....I can't say it loud enough, but I'm sure you were just the cutest pregnant thing EVER! We want to go to California! How come we weren't invited? Ya'll know you want us and our two kids in the car with you for a week. It's not like you and Jimmy need anymore time alone. Seriously....sheesh!

Emily Webster said...

You got all the fun CA stuff done in like a week! Awesome! Love the Michelle pic- I hadn't heard about that shower. So fun. I hope we have time to sneak away to Capitola for the weekend while we're there this summer...

Whitney said...

Looks like so much fun! I have to agree that you looked so cute at the beach!

Carol said...

man i am so jealous you had a vacation and it sounds like a great one too!

Hilarie* said...

Was that the trip you mentioned getting your favorite ice cream! Your picts look like so much fun. I have to say you look cute in your bikini.. a lot of people at that stage don't look too great with all the stretch marks... Way to go!!! Hey could you plan on going into labor during the week on the day when I work? That sure would be nice of you!!

Evan said...

No one can pull off sunglasses like you two can. I just look and say dang, I wish I was a handsome brut like Officer Koller. All I have is my Aviators that I have had since high school, and I look gay in them. You are missed, we hope you are still catching the office without us. See you in Portland soon???

Anonymous said...

DI!!! You are so cute and I loved looking at your pictures from home! PS: we have the same blog background... great minds think exactly the same:)

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.