Sunday, October 25, 2009
Cloth Diapers?
Has anyone tried cloth diapers? Until yesterday I have thought they were not something I had any desire to try or even consider, but I was at a store yesterday that sells some pretty cool ones (fuzzibunz) and was actually intrigued. But.... in real life how are they? Do they seem comfortable? Bulky? Annoying to deal with washing, being on the go, etc.? I haven't seen one on a baby yet. Anyway, just a thought. Any help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.
8 comments:
To be honest, I know a lot of people who love them. I think it's a great idea, and a lot more economical in the long run.
Hey! Thank you SOOO much for those 'essential' baby items! That was so nice of you guys! Loved it all! What is your address now? Do you still have the same phone number? We sure miss you guys. As to the cloth diapers-- no. I can't imagine that would be an enjoyable experience. Ev thought a tarp would be a better fit- then you just spray it down.
we used them with katherine when she was a newborn and only had breastmilk since breastmilk poop dissolves in water so we could just throw the whole diaper in the wash and everything would come out clean (we did diaper only washes though- im not down with mixing it with my clothes haha) i honestly LOVED using pockets (fuzzi bunz) and all-in-ones. once she turned like 9 months though we quit using them because honestly it became too much work having to take the diaper off of her, change her, and then scrape the stuff into the toilet, etc. and we went on vacation and used disposables and they really are so easy haha. but yeah, i did love them and will probably do it again with this newborn baby. the good ones can get pricey though- ive seen up to 35 dollars for ONE DIAPER- so you can try to get them used from diaperswappers.com i love that site. they also have a lot of helpful info too.
I've been seriously considering it. But I don't think Jer is down with it. We'll see.
I don't think I would ever be brave enough to do cloth diapers. They may be more economical but I don't think the money saved is worth dealing with the poop more than I have to! =)
I have used them at about the smae age as Bentley is with our older boy Owen. I used fuzzi bunz. They were okay. They are bulky. Jillian's Drawers is a site where you can try them for $10. I like pockets AIO but know people who love the prefolds. Hope this helps!
We switched over to BumGenius (www.cottonbabies.com) when Nicholette was 23 months. I had tried one on her at 18 months and she freaked out but was A-OK when we did make the switch. There are alot of girls around me in Provo who do cloth, mostly BumGenius. You do have to wash every other day (one load), use a special detergent (costs less then the Cosco brand we buy for our other clothes but can be used on everything, and you ues less then the directions tell you to for your cloth diapers). We don't "scrape" pop off the diapers we use the Imse Vimse flushable diaper liners, and if she didn't poop guess what you pop them in the washer with your diapers and reuse them! I asked a few girls TONS of questions and can forward those e-mails on to you in case your curious. Questions from what brands, how to wash, to do you think your kids does/will walk funny because of the added "plush-ness" of the cloth diapers?. Plus you have to change on a regular basis unless you double stuff (I do at night and when I know she's been drinking A LOT). We have had 5 leaks in the last 2 months, but everyone else I've talked to has had ZERO blow outs or leaks. (I just have to double stuff more often for N). Only thing that took me by surprise really was the Ammonia smell when you take them from the Wet/Dry bag and separate them for the washer but you get passed it quick. There were also 2 websites that compared and rated, plus good advice and I can pass those on too. Over all we really like them and with #2 just a month away she'll be in them too after about a month (when she can fit) and really found no inconvience, I think it's because we research and then made the decision to switch. And traveling, no prob so far.
toddanddani.blogspot.com
I'm stacking up on cloth diapers for my baby (that's being born this month!!). I've got all of mine second hand so far. I haven't used them yet (obviously) but a lot of my friends have and find them to be a great money saver and great for the environment AND you can use them again for your next kid. That's when the savings really show up!
When the poop gets more solid and nasty, it's best to insert disposable diaper liners, you can just flush the poop away:) Anyhow, can't wait to start cleaning my cloth diapers and wiping some poopy ace!
Post a Comment