Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Koller Update

I haven't posted in a while, but I think I have a good excuse: I got mastitis and Bentley had a stomach virus, not so dreamy. I was sick for a week, and luckily Bentley was sick only for a few days. It was so sad to see him like that, he would just whimper with his pouty lip sticking out, and there wasn't much I could do to make him feel better. I hated it!

Other than that, Jimmy has been working nights with the city police department and with campus security. He works weekends on campus, and whatever shifts he can pick up with the city PD through the week. He's such a hard worker, what a stud. Plus when he's not working, he helps out a ton with Bentley (he even gets up with me when I feed him in the middle of the night!) and helps me clean the house. How did I get so lucky?? These days he's obsessed with the movie Hot Rod (his upcoming Halloween costume too, of course) and quotes it constantly. When he's not working, we have been enjoying battling it out on the old school Super Nintendo playing Street Fighter, Mortal Combat, and Super Mario Brothers. I think I have the best husband ever.

I've been busy hanging out with Bentley and working on Halloween costumes (my favorite holiday!!) and various sewing projects during his nap time. I always seem to be working on some kind of craft and enjoy always having something to keep my creative juices flowing. I'll post some of my projects when I can get a minute to take pictures of everything. I was the "Craft Expert" on the BYU-Idaho news two weeks in a row and demonstrated making paper covered wall letters and a birthday card. It was pretty fun and really neat to see Whit kick butt and to watch how the whole news thing works! If you want to see them, download the free podcasts through iTunes. I didn't do that great but it was fun anyway.

It's hard to believe, but Bentley is already 4 1/2 months old!! We started giving him rice cereal a couple weeks ago, and he is such a champ at it already. He anticipates the spoon and sticks his tongue in and out really fast until he gets something. Given the size of his cheeks, you could guess he was a good eater! He is getting really good at grabbing things like my hair and nose, his pacifier, etc. though he doesn't really get the concept of letting it go from his death grip which really can hurt. He can take his pacifier out and has figured out how to put it back in his mouth, but he usually forgets to let go and leave it there so during nap time we have to go in a million times now to plug him back up which is getting old. He's rolling over pretty well now and he always looks so surprised every time he does it, like he's not sure what just happened. He is a very patient little guy and loves it when we read books and sing to him, as long as he's being held. He's been talking a ton lately, and will stick his lips out and get a stern look on his face while he talks. My favorite time of the day is right before we put him to bed, when I'm changing him and Jimmy comes in and tickles him; Bentley just laughs and laughs. I LOVE it!!



That's about it for the Koller clan. We're happy and doing great, and are loving these last few days of no snow!

No comments:

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.