Let me tell you a little bit about what each day has consisted of since I was told 3 weeks ago to "take it easy" and try to "avoid" having contractions:
I sleep in as late as I can, go downstairs and hang out with Gail and Nadezhda, and make an easy dinner (or have whatever Gail makes) when Jimmy gets back from working hard at school or work (I'm still in my PJ's at this point, which is a good thing because I can't fit into anything else). Then we watch a movie usually with Gail, Curtis, Fay and Jared while I work on Bentley's blanket (I'm hand-stitching the edges, who decided to do that??), then go to bed, only to repeat the same thing the next day. Today is an exception though- I am going to take a shower, get dressed and go to the store! I hope I don't wear myself out today with all this extra activity.
It's really not what most people would call thrilling, but I don't know what I would do without Gail, she's always willing to keep me company! The hardest part (other than the contractions, which are impossible to "avoid") is not being able to do anything much, and watching Jimmy work so hard. And knowing I am the biggest slob ever! And watching our bank accounts dwindle. I'm usually really active so this is hard to not be able to work or do anything productive. Oh well, everyone tells me to enjoy this time while I can because pretty soon I won't have any time for myself. I'm trying!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.
2 comments:
That sounds very similar to my routine these days. Minus the pregnancy and the sister to hang out with. Jeremy's got his internship. I'm trying to find a job, but nothing yet. So I'm lazy all day. ;-) Hopefully I'll find something soon because I don't think I can take this anymore!! Good luck though!
Dion - you are not a slob and I love having a pal to play with everyday. I love you. Let's get Ralphy out this week, eh?!
Post a Comment