Thursday, May 15, 2008

Celebrations All Around

For Mother's Day on Sunday, Jimmy wrote me a really sweet card, made a delicious dinner of steak, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes, and gave me a gift certificate for a spa pedicure at the day spa! That night we had homemade apple pie at Fay and Jared's- yum, then played cards at Joe and Leslie's, which we love to do. What a fun day, and I'm not even a mom yet!

On Tuesday I turned the big 2-3 and the pampering continued! Jimmy made me breakfast in bed- eggs, toast, and a grapefruit, and I cashed in on the pedicure from Mother's Day. It was so relaxing! It was one hour complete with a lime margarita (virgin, duh), chocolates and snacks, and the full paraffin wax treatment! I was made for the good life.

Later that evening, he took me out for sushi with Gail, Curtis, Nadezhda and Vanessa. The service was pretty bad and nobody liked their food but me, but hey, it was the best we could do in Rexburg!




















Jimmy got me a subscription to Real Simple magazine (my favorite) and an awesome talking card from The Office, Vanessa got a really cute sailboat lamp for Bentley's room, my parents sent money that we're using towards the jogging stroller and car seat, Bob and Kathy gave me a massage and facial, Gail and Curtis got me these fun yellow heels I've been looking at for a year, and there's talk of Fay making a cheesecake for me soon! They also made a confetti cake (yum) and sang to me last night. Thanks everybody, it was a really nice day!







4 comments:

April said...

Bentley is such a cute name! You're almost there!!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday!!! looks like you had a great week, lots of pampering, good for you :)

Emily Webster said...

aww nuts...we were so into our move to Folsom, that I missed your birthday! Sorry Diane!I had the Guster song all ready to sing for you and everything. Ha. Well, I hope you had a great day! (sounds like you did!) Love love!

Whitney said...

So fun! When is the little guy coming??? I'm glad he decided to stay in there a little while longer. Looks like you had a great Bday! I, too, am a Real Simple subscriber-- love it!

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.