Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Life of late

Besides being ridiculously busy, Jimmy and I haven't been up to too much... First, we got in a lame car accident a couple of weeks ago. We spun a 360 on the highway and ran head-on into a huge snow bank. It sounds worse than it was, but it was SO scary! It broke our foglights and now our sweet '88 Pathfinder- 3 years younger than me- looks even more sad.

Second, I decided now was the time to redeem my 1 hour massage at the day spa that Jimmy gave me for Christmas. Delicious. That word basically sums it up. I spent my Saturday sitting in a fluffy white robe eating bon-bons (I'm not kidding) and then getting a fantastic massage. I was SO born for the high life.

Third, I signed up last week to be a Stampin'Up! demonstrator (It's a scrapbook-y kind of company that specializes in cardmaking with stamps. Being a demonstrator means that I will have parties at people's houses who want free stuff, and their guests will hopefully make me rich by buying the cool products. I joined because I think their stuff is SO neat, I'm excited. Jimmy says I'm nerdy.

Forth, on Saturday, Jimmy got to practice DUI's in the police academy. No joke, people were paid to get drunk so they could practice the real deal... (ironic, isn't it?) , and we're hoping to go snowboarding at the Village in Jackson, WY on Saturday! I hope we have good weather and NO accidents.

Fifth, we're still obsessed with the TV shows Prison Break and 24. We have a standing date every Monday
night to watch both shows with some friends (they have cable, so nice). We constantly include Jack Bauer and Michael Scofield in our conversations. Hmm. Also, we've been pretty excited about a cool card game named Spades we learned a couple weeks ago. The only problem is that you need 4 people to play it. We need more friends so we can play.

And the best news of all: we bought a sweet new Springfield XD handgun! We sold our last handgun (a Sigma) a couple months ago, her name was Souxie Sigma. I referred to her as our child, but somehow Jimmy had the guts to sell her... Anyway, this new one (currently unnamed, and in the mail arriving at the FFL's tomorrow!!) will be Jimmy's service weapon when he's a big, bad, police officer.

Anyway, that is what we've been up to lately. Just one last thought: we seriously don't have it bad at all. Whenever I catch myself wishing my life was easier, I always think about a girl in my ward. Last month, she had a baby, then had her appendix out a week later, and then had an extremely serious infection a week later and had to have another surgery. She's doing well now, but for a month or so, she couldn't hold her baby, nurse her, move around, or anything! She had to have girls from the ward come and take 2 hour shifts back to back just to hold her baby because she couldn't. I'm not sure if I could even go through the whole birthing process, let alone everything else she went through. Anyway, the most impressive thing was their positive attitudes! I am more negative than them after a bad day at work or school. I have a big lesson to learn in optimism, and that my life is really pretty darn good!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

1. I totally didn't know that you were in any type of car accident. That totally sucks. So sorry to hear it, but so glad that you and the J-meister are ok.

2. We love to play spades. And if you like spades, you should try hearts. Or you should try this really awesome game called Rook. You'll have to come over sometime and we'll play.

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.