Sunday, February 18, 2007

A whole new world...

So I was looking on my friend's blog and realized there was a whole new world out there- some people call it the internet. I felt pretty accomplished for making a blog, (not to mention I haven't looked at it in months) but who knew people actually put text on them? Anyway, I was inspired to create some kind of running commentary/journal/thoughts etc. so here goes.

I feel like Jimmy and I have been so busy lately that we haven't even been able to breathe since the fall. In lieu of that, I dedicated this Sunday to... laying in my bed. Oh the joys of not having children! I am very excited to graduate in July so I can actually DO things I want to (no, not just laying in bed) like scrapbooking, refinishing furniture, writing in my journal, reading books I want to, and all sorts of things. I have so much I want to do but don't want to start anything because I know I won't have time to finish. I find myself always thinking, "Just wait until I graduate", or "just wait until I'm just a mom and I'm not working". All you moms are probably laughing right now, but really, I think I will have so much more time with NO homework! Okay, maybe I'm dreaming because when that time comes, I'll have a screaming baby 24-7, but it's a nice thought. However, today in church (I was feeling barfy so I spent the latter part of Sacrament meeting in the mother's lounge rocking chair- it was actually pretty nice because I could listen to the talk without being surrounded by screaming babies. I was actually able to pay attention!) the High Council speaker talked about the importance of not putting anything off by thinking "I'll get this done when...". When I graduate, when I have a child, when my child is older, etc. So, I need to do better about that! I'll try to not put those things off (as much) so I can get everything done that I need/want to.

Anyway, more later!

D

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I take it you perceive babies as doing a lot of screaming? And you don't like that?

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.