Dear Infertility,
You suck. Please go away.
Love,
Diane
Friday, August 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.
Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.
6 comments:
Diane, So sorry to hear this! After trying for almost a year I can sense a little bit of what your feeling. I hope it goes away soon for you too!!
Infertility SUCKS! Believe me, I know. I'll be thinking about you. (Let me know if you need any witty, snarky remarks for those rude inquiring folks who thinks your fertility is their business. I have some good ones.)
Love you.
I am sorry Diane. I will be wishing you luck and praying for you. I don't think some people understand how emotionally hard it is to not be able to have a baby when you want to. And I'm not claiming to know the fullness of it either. Good Luck and keep your chin up! Oh, and Becky does have some good remarks...I always loved hearing her stories about what she had said to people...haha.
If you don't have the "issues" we have (or anything similar) and are just having a hard time getting pregnant for stupid, unknown reasons...there is a great book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It's a great tool & we learned quite a bit when we read it. It obviously can't fix everything, but it was a real eye opener. I know several people who swear by the methods in this book. Unfortunately for us...we need a lot more than a method.
I also highly recommend seeing a specialist! My ob/gyn is considered a "fertility specialist", but he's not a specialist. He's an ob/gyn. We moved further in 6 weeks with our fertility doctor than my ob/gyn planned for us in a year.
The best advice I can give you after our struggles-see a specialist. It's so worth it. And ours is mostly covered by our insurance.
Oh- and do your research!! I felt so much better knowing what I wanted to do...that's how I knew my ob/gyn was NOT going to help us. Take total control so you get the results you want.
Not sure if you read my blog, but you can read about our journey there if you're interested.
It does SUCK tho...we've been trying for nearly 2 years. At least we know what/why now. It does make it easier to have a valid reason. :(
Good luck!!
Randi
:(
Good Luck Diane! We will keep our fingers crossed for you..because lets face it you and Jimmy make cute kids.
Post a Comment