Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You've GOT to be kidding me!

I haven't posted lately because we DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER at the moment. Ours died. We bought our Mac, which we love, exactly 2 years ago and it just stopped working out of the blue on Saturday. I had 20 gigs of pictures on it that weren't backed up. The funny thing is that last week I had the thought that I should back them up so I bought a bunch of DVD's and set them out Saturday afternoon to remind myself to do it after I put Bentley to bed that night, but I didn't get that far because it died. Now we get to pay somewhere between $900 to $2000 to get them off. It couldn't have happened at a worse financial time either. NICE.

10 comments:

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

sad! im sorry!!

CP said...

oh, i hate that for you. murphy can be so cruel.

CP said...

pecks - we'd love to read your blog. cassiepeachy@gmail.com

Shaun said...

So sorry about your pictures. That would be awful! At least you really can get them off your computer. At least they didn't burn up in a house fire along with all your other stuff!

Emily Webster said...

I SWEAR that apple products just die after a certain amount of time...like they're a ticking timebomb. I'm on my 4th ipod...But I'm really sorry. That stinks. At least the pics on your blog are still around!

Carol said...

i am so sad for you. that totally totally sucks.

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Our computer has done that too. So, I bought Justin an external hard drive for Christmas (shhh) with a Terabyte of storage. That's more than he'll need for a looooong time. I got it at buy.com and they are constantly having deals on them. Maybe you could check it out and ask Santa for one to save your pics on. Also, if you haven't left yet, bring your laptop to Park City. Brad (my bro) and Justin are both computer guys and may be able to help.

Becky said...

I am sorry! That is such a bummer!

Dixie & Markus said...

That is LAME!! Damn that computer! Technology is the best thing and yet the worst thing at the same time.

Ben and Diana Hull said...

Hey if you haven't already paid the money. Brock helped us when we lost all of our pictures. There was a program that is on the internet that took them from our hard drive. You should ask him. I don't know if it would work for a mac or not. You never know.

Thoughts, happenings, etc. and
whatever comes to my fingertips.